26 September, 2008

PICNIC 2008!!!

Please forgive the next-day blogging...

Thursday Sept 25 was a great day here! Loads of great people, connections, learning platforms, innovation and fun... the onslaught of media has been mind-boggling. Cameras everywhere interviewing unsuspecting passer-bys; corporate CEO's hanging out with fresh entrepreneurs, and all the visual eye-candy you can think of.

I have spent the majority of time here in Europen Bloggers Lab learning more about the world of web-journalism, connectivity and better tools available to enhance and create better practies in these areas. Major sites of interest were Creative Commons (www.creativecommons.org), Zemanta (www.zemanta.com), We magazine (www.we-magazine.com) and Wobbing. There were also some speakers touching on internet presence in Italy and other corners of the world. In terms of tools, I am really excited to start using CC for the artworks that I represent through my company, Embellish. And Zemanta will make my life a million times easier once I figure out how to make it work for me....

Also, for live links and more visual enjoyment of PICNIC 2008, check out www.livefrompicnic.com in addition to the www.picnicnetwork.org link

(pictures aren't uploading... i will post some visuals when i can ;) )

No comments: